Call for Proposals—Information Sheet on Education Policy and ICH
The UNESCO Living Heritage Entity is looking for an individual specialist to revise and enrich an information sheet on education policy and intangible cultural heritage. Proposals should reach UNESCO by 24 May 2019.
In the context of implementing the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage and its global capacity-building program, UNESCO is revising and enriching its information sheet on education policy and intangible cultural heritage.
The global capacity-building program has previously developed a guide and a series of information sheets for its global network of facilitators on providing advisory services for policy development in the field of intangible cultural heritage. One information sheet focuses on education policy and intangible cultural heritage; however, since the initial development, several advances have been made in UNESCO’s work in this area—notably adopting a new funding priority on safeguarding intangible cultural heritage in formal and non-formal education in 2017 and the Overall Results Framework for the 2003 Convention in 2018. States Party have expressed clear interest, through period reporting and otherwise, in safeguarding intangible cultural heritage through formal and non-formal education; however, further guidance is required in terms of education policy.
For the above reasons, the global capacity-building program plans to revise and enrich the information sheet on education policy, taking into account recent developments. This information sheet will be integrated within the capacity-building program comprehensive guidance note for people who are asked to provide policy support to countries on ICH-related policy development.
The specific objectives of the information sheet are to:
- Present the rationale for why education policy is important for safeguarding ICH
- Contribute to a better understanding of the role that education policy can play in supporting the transmission and safeguarding of ICH
- Suggest issues and questions to keep in mind when providing support to policy development in these related areas
- Provide relevant references to the Convention, its Operational Directives, and the Overall Results Framework
- Provide examples of policy measures that states have developed
- Raise questions that could be useful for policy analysis and development in this area.
For further information and related documents, please visit https://ich.unesco.org/en/education-01017 and https://ich.unesco.org/en/overall-results-framework-00984. Additional information is available is available as a .pdf download in English and French