Call for Papers: Folk Culture: The Present and Future Pathways
The scientific committee of The International Organization of Folk Art (IOV) is hosting a conference this year, with the support of the IOV MENA regional headquarters in Sharjah, under the heading “Folk Culture: The Present and Future Pathways” (20-24 November 2018, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates).
Conference participants will discuss the dimensions of the relationship between folk culture and the effects of modern life. How can this form of culture stay relevant in the minds of people, regardless of the new methods of communication, the technological revolution and many other challenges?
What will be left of folk culture and what will change? Furthermore, how will this look like in everyday life? And what effect will these changes have on creative pursuits (literature, theatre, cinema, video games, etc…). These exciting themes will be explored this year.
To guide you further, we invite researchers to submit papers on the following topics:
- Folk culture and the arts (cinema, theater, music, etc…).
- Folk culture and the effects of modern technology.
- Folk culture and social media networks.
It is important to note that:
- Abstracts must be submitted no later than 30 July 2018 and the final papers before 30 September 2018.
- The regional office in Sharjah will cover each participant’s ticket, accommodation, and local transportation fees in the UAE.